Marie Claire St. evils 8 / 36 rue nanfurnal
B-6950 Nassogne
0499240491
born in 194o to Jemelle Belgium I followed my parents in the Congo in 1946, when I lived in Katanga, Kasai and Kinshasa until 1980. Then I stayed successively in Burundi, Niger, South Africa, Argentina, Côte d'Ivoire, Chad, Rwanda, the Philippines and Morocco. I also made short visits to Kenya, Ethiopia, Mozambique and Agadir in Morocco. I currently staying in Nassogne Belgium. I am a nutritionist, Reiki master and a diploma in hypnosis.
PATCHWORK AND ARTQUILT
In South Africa I started quilting in 1993. Trained in conventional techniques the influence of Africa where I spent most of my life has rapidly evolved my style into something different, a creative style which is reflected in Africa, its campaigns and traditional fabrics that have inspired choice of fabrics, colors and unique shapes. I participate in the art quilt movement whose techniques are constantly evolving. Now everything changes very quickly, I followed and continues to follow the course of international faculty: Pat Parker and Jenny Williamson, Odette Tolksdorf, Rosalie Dace, South Africa, Sue Wademan Australian Caryl Bryer Fallert, Linda Colsh Dale and Dena Crane, American, Jette Clover and Olga Prins Dutch Marianne Lorach, French, and many on-line training with Quilt University and Workshopontheweb. A continual discovery.
PHOTOS: Internship with
Brenard Pajak: Digital Art
EXHIBITIONS: Solo
In:
In 2002-2003 twenty of my creations were displayed successively in different cities of the Bulge.
Some of my creations have been exhibited in various countries: Abidjan (Ivory Coast), N'Djamena (Chad), Kigali (Rwanda), Valencia, Dumaguete (Philippines).
With other artists: Santiago IWC
1998
Abidjan Cote African Textile Art Ivory
1999 Heritage Days Belgian Harlue
Belgium 2002 Belgium 2002 Group Marche Hollogne
Church Ruette
Belgium 2002 Museum of Modern Art in the city of Liege Belgium 2004 Gallery
Inganzo
2003 Kigali Rwanda Kigali Rwanda Hotel Umubano 2003
NEPAD Kigali Rwanda 2004
Cultural Center Gallery Sketch Nassogne
Rochefort
WORKSHOPS:
I organized many courses artquilt: creation, design, embellishment, dyeing ... Côte d'Ivoire, Chad, Belgium and Rwanda.
Illustration: Maternity, table made of "crazy" applied. The faces are jeweled Akan Côte d'Ivoire (private collection).
Mail: saintmaux@yahoo.fr
PATCHWORK AND ARTQUILT
In South Africa I started quilting in 1993. Trained in conventional techniques the influence of Africa where I spent most of my life has rapidly evolved my style into something different, a creative style which is reflected in Africa, its campaigns and traditional fabrics that have inspired choice of fabrics, colors and unique shapes. I participate in the art quilt movement whose techniques are constantly evolving. Now everything changes very quickly, I followed and continues to follow the course of international faculty: Pat Parker and Jenny Williamson, Odette Tolksdorf, Rosalie Dace, South Africa, Sue Wademan Australian Caryl Bryer Fallert, Linda Colsh Dale and Dena Crane, American, Jette Clover and Olga Prins Dutch Marianne Lorach, French, and many on-line training with Quilt University and Workshopontheweb. A continual discovery.
PHOTOS: Internship with
Brenard Pajak: Digital Art
EXHIBITIONS: Solo
In:
In 2002-2003 twenty of my creations were displayed successively in different cities of the Bulge.
Some of my creations have been exhibited in various countries: Abidjan (Ivory Coast), N'Djamena (Chad), Kigali (Rwanda), Valencia, Dumaguete (Philippines).
With other artists: Santiago IWC
1998
Abidjan Cote African Textile Art Ivory
1999 Heritage Days Belgian Harlue
Belgium 2002 Belgium 2002 Group Marche Hollogne
Church Ruette
Belgium 2002 Museum of Modern Art in the city of Liege Belgium 2004 Gallery
Inganzo
2003 Kigali Rwanda Kigali Rwanda Hotel Umubano 2003
NEPAD Kigali Rwanda 2004
Cultural Center Gallery Sketch Nassogne
Rochefort
WORKSHOPS:
I organized many courses artquilt: creation, design, embellishment, dyeing ... Côte d'Ivoire, Chad, Belgium and Rwanda.
Illustration: Maternity, table made of "crazy" applied. The faces are jeweled Akan Côte d'Ivoire (private collection).
Mail: saintmaux@yahoo.fr
0 comments:
Post a Comment