Jean-Marc Pasquet
N é en Suisse (1957), the Franco-mère russe, De Pere Haitien, élevé à travers le monde, de culture européenne et de quatre continents métisse, Jean-Marc Pasquet Nourrit are imaginaire de ses multiples voyages.
N é en Suisse (1957), the Franco-mère russe, De Pere Haitien, élevé à travers le monde, de culture européenne et de quatre continents métisse, Jean-Marc Pasquet Nourrit are imaginaire de ses multiples voyages.
À 13 ans, il quitte pour Genève Maharajah in India becoming a gun lead and 50,000 francs Monopoly money in their pockets. One finds few days later, sleeping in the Zoo of Turin where he wanted to get used to the cries of wild beasts. The fold of the adventure is taken. His turbulent adolescence sees bounce from Geneva to Addis Ababa, Bangkok, New York, from London to Madrid, via Port-au-Prince. In school he mostly remembered the lessons of truancy that practice diligently in the nearby forests or urban jungles.
At 18, he lives between Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana, hovering dangerously between crime and music. It is the meeting of African musicians, including Fela Anikulapo Kuti, who will determine his choice. He wanders without knowing what would later become the scene of his first novel. Back in Europe, he plunges back into writing through song. In 15 years of music, he forged his style and voice to the fire scene, writing over 250 songs he plays, first with his band of Ska "The Gordini's" and his band Tribal "Monkey's touch. He composes, records and discs occurs on European stages. (New Morning Paris, Paleo Nyon Festival Leysin, "Gradus ad Parnassum" Moscow)
soon 1991, won a screenwriting contest, he wrote scripts for short films he directed and produced himself. At the request of directors, he wrote several feature films, and participates in shooting as an actor (including 1, role in "Ashakara" feature film shot in Togo by Gerard Louvin). Bringing together the efficiency of film narrative structure, the rhythm of songs and lyrical poetry, he began his first novel "White Negro."
soon 1991, won a screenwriting contest, he wrote scripts for short films he directed and produced himself. At the request of directors, he wrote several feature films, and participates in shooting as an actor (including 1, role in "Ashakara" feature film shot in Togo by Gerard Louvin). Bringing together the efficiency of film narrative structure, the rhythm of songs and lyrical poetry, he began his first novel "White Negro."
Released in 1996 by Editions Robert Laffont, the novel is hailed by the public and the critics who described "White Negro" "fusion pananimiste an erection of the soul combined with a love song to wife and Africa" (A. Duplan, L'Hebdo) .
the confines of Amerindian tales of cryptozoology and urban legends, his new novel "The Gift of QA", published by Editions Jean-Claude Lattes, April 01, is in Canada. This is the story of love and sensual initiation of QA, the last woman hairy wood, and Boris, a European wild, incredulous city, despite his shaman. In a breathless quest is part the metamorphosis of Boris, his forced departure from Europe to his assumption of extraordinary gifts that with the help of Native American shamans, it brings to the attention of men. Jean-Marc Pasquet is located in a stream which he calls "Consciousness-Fiction," and collaborated with many talented artists. It occurs within the group ZFly, sang songs from the "Gift of QA, and book readings, concerts. Meanwhile, he works on his next novel, and the libretto for a contemporary opera.
Jean-Marc Pasquet - interview
1 - Rocío Rodríguez-Reyes: Imagine that your new novel begins with the following paragraph:
Port-au-Prince, Haiti, May 8, 2039 Four
years after the discovery of large oil deposits 50km to the north-eastern Gulf of Gonave, the Windward Passage, the strait is 77 km sea that separates Haiti from Cuba ...
What is next? Add a few lines ...
Jean-Marc Pasquet : Port-au-Prince, Haiti, May 8, 2039 ...
Four years after the discovery of large deposits of oil 50km north-east Gulf of Gonave, the Windward Passage, the strait is 77 km sea that separates Haiti from Cuba, the situation is completely blocked. Thousands of makeshift boat, occupied by opponents of the use of fossil fuels, preventing China-US oil companies to locate their rigs. The successful conversion of Haiti to renewable energy, and its accession to full energy autonomy and economic, with the corollary that significant improvement in the quality of life for Haitians, affecting all countries of the Caribbean arc, the 'America and the rest of Demi-Monde. Tens of thousands of opponents, sometimes perched on rafts, converge on the site, from Haiti, Cuba, Jamaica and the U.S. coast. They are proclaiming their refusal to let the North continue to plunder natural resources, to try to slow their industrial debacle. Haiti, the head of a coalition of the Demi-Monde, lobbied the League of United Peoples, for that oil is now strictly regulated and restricted to humanitarian purposes.
2 - From Swiss mother and father you are the personification of Haiti a unique blend: What is your family heritage? What qualities have you inherited from your father? And your mother? Your parents did they like music or literature?
J-MP: Born in Geneva of a Franco-Russian mother, naturalized Swiss, and a Haitian father, educated in Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas, I am actually a citizen of the world. My interbreeding, if I have earned a turbulent adolescence in search of my roots, I can now feel at home everywhere, and multiple perspectives on the events of my life. My parents were both civil servants international, and divorced. Bouncing from one to another, from country to country, I learned to adapt to changing cultures, values and environment. I do not know what qualities I have inherited one or the other, or the diversity and complementarity of their tastes. I was brought music, dance, painting and literature. I keep my memories of my father's simultaneous discovery of James Brown and Jacques Romanian, at the age of thirteen, in Addis Ababa in Ethiopia, and my feeling at the sites of Axum and Lalibela. My mother, I keep the happiness of the Thai or Italian cuisine, and picnics in the nature of his excitement of iconoclastic before the Sistine Chapel, his love of Prévert, Vian, Dumas, Courbet and Picasso. I inherited from my parents, their admiration for the beauties of the world and of human creation. And the fierce desire to become an artist myself.
3 - What was your initial idea to write your first novel "White Negro," published in 1996? Can you tell whether an autobiographical novel?
J-MP: No. White Negro, like all my novels is a pure fiction, but of course I fed my African experiences. With White Negro, I wanted to write a thriller, while taking place in urban areas, suggests the damage committed over the past five centuries by the colonial imprint on the continent and greet at the same time the sustainability of certain values animist African millennium. I arrived in West Africa the first time at the age of seventeen years, with my passport only luggage. I lived for years in the street, between Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana, a nomadic life underground, refusing me that systematically privileges conferred my status as a Western. The Africa that I had the chance to rub, served as White Negro in soil, but the story is not autobiographical. Recently, a professor of African literature in Montreal, showed me a completely annotated copy of the novel, in which he had seized entire passages, written in the margin: "Not written by the author." He apologized to me, took me for a "Negro" in the literary sense, refusing to believe, seeing my head on the 4 th photo coverage, I can be the author of a reference book so if Contemporary African millennium a compliment that has overwhelmed me.
4 - In the following excerpt from an official report of 1928, written by a British diplomat and handed to the League of Nations (Permanent Mandates Commission of the League of Nations) reads:
"The Iraqi Government control and management of railways and the port of Basra, but it is not master, he can declare martial law but can not apply and he has an army but can not mobilize without the authorization of the British High Commissioner. Foreign governments may discriminate Iraqis regarding the duties of any type o, but the Iraqi government may not adopt retaliatory measures ... Foreigners enjoy privileges at the judicial level, so that Iraqis enjoy no reciprocity outside their country ... "(1).
The so called, 78 years ago" Mandate League of Nations, "was reflected in practice, by" colonialism. "Today, at the beginning of the twenty-first century, the concept is transformed into something more subtle, virtual, subliminal and is called" Globalization ": a new "emperor's clothes? (2) What is your opinion on this? The time has come to re-read Fanon? (3)
J-MP: I think unfortunately that new forms of colonialism have nothing virtual and subliminal. They are more brutal than ever, coercive and ruthless. And under the balm of the benefits of technology and scientific and social progress, under the veneer of rhetoric global organizations and international law, there has been a surge of military barbarism, crime and war, dictated by state economic contingencies. The Wild West is still not complete. The expansionist drive of major monotheistic religions, and Western models, materialistic and consumerist thereunder, forcing the company to match the human values of the single thought, to the detriment of cultural diversity. However, intelligence arises from the complexity and the race to the bottom driven by neo-liberalism, can only lead to the loss of a wealth of knowledge, and impoverishment of the heritage of humanity. I am always amazed to see the recurrence of the model in the history of civilization. Sumer, Egypt and ancient Greece and Rome to the Aztec empire, the men went from perennial models, polytheists, little hierarchy, living in harmony with their natural environment, to devastating forms of pyramid scheme. The invention of dogmas, the concentration of political and economic, religious beliefs have always unique prelude to the decline of civilizations. I think today the pernicious effects of the industrial age and globalization are also announcing the decadence of the Western model. So read Fanon, yes, to know who we are and we paid tribute to colonization. But above all, remember always the urgency and the need to invent new forms of social organization that differ from the perpetual dichotomy of the political model West.
5 - Your second novel, "The Gift of QA" published in 2001, was described as "an adventure story, a poetic and iconoclastic manifesto for protection of nature. " A novel environmentalist?
J-MP: When he left in 2001, "The Gift of Qa" was awarded by the Literary Society of Geneva, for its values Rousseau. Roman environmentalist? Perhaps, but also and especially novel processing. "The gift of QA" chronicles the transformation of a city ignorant of nature, a kind of shaman capable of fully merging with its surroundings. "The gift of QA" also tells an improbable love story between a man and QA itself, my hero, the last wild woman of the rainforest of British Columbia. QA is more than telepath. She is in constant contact with its environment and can freely invade the minds of people around him. She feels everything. In "The Gift of QA" I wanted to invent a contemporary legend that speaks of initiation of ourselves, the sapiens sapiens as a species, and our relations with the world of predators. I worked for three years to the novel, with the discipline to go every day in the forest, glean inspiration and energy that I wanted to transcribe. These years transformed me. They taught me patience and listening, they allowed me to sharpen my senses, my intellect, my breath and my stamina, I think they made me better, better able to enjoy my life and to share the benefits.
is the forest that the words whispered to me the gift of QA. Nature, which gave me the rhythms and phases.
My greatest pleasure as a writer is to receive many Mail readers about "QA". I invite readers of your magazine, Vetas magazine, check out my site: http://www.jmpasquet.com/ , they will find reviews that go far beyond what I could say the novel .
6 - writer but also a musician. You sing and compose the lyrics of your songs. How do you reconcile these two activities? How did you get started in music?
J-MP: I have always combines writing and music. Actually I started writing songs, before switching to screenwriting, and the novel. And many songs scattered my books. It is true that literature and music are not always easy to reconcile. For me, writing is a solitary task resolutely, while music is synonymous with meeting. For ten years I have mainly invested my energy in the literature. Today I resurrected my old ska and reggae, The Gordini, with which we perform in concert and just record an album, which will be soon on my website. Secondly, I perform with a new band called "Session Pasquet" with which I am engaged in improvisations around my books, I sing passages together by accomplices of young musicians and video makers. Combining music, literature and cinema, we make, in real time, multimedia shows powerfully poetic. Today, juggling my schedule, I manage to balance all my activities, I am sparing concentration ranges for writing.
7 - "Monkey's Touch" is one of the groups in which you participate, and whose style has been defined as "rock Tribal" What are its characteristics? What kind of music do you play with the group "Gordini? And with the group "Zdéfly?
J-MP: "Monkey's Touch "Was my band from 1982 to 1991. We made a music often based on African rhythms, with a sound very rock. We have products on the biggest stages of Europe, (Paleo Festival, Leysin, Hot Point, New Morning Paris, Gradus ad Parnassum, Moscow). "Zdéfly" was a training practicing pure improvisation. I sang of existing texts and sometimes inventing the option of the music. On my site you will find tracks recorded in one take. Some, like Miroslav, or Traces are completely spontaneous creations. I played with my friend Pascal Schaer, trombonist engineering, combining breath and the electronics, Wintsch Michel, keyboards, composer of many films of Alain Tanner, and Sylvain Fournier, effervescent drummer. You will find on my site many songs in mp3, my various courses, there is nothing like music to describe music.
8 - Petite, when I lived on the island, listening to a piece of meringue (4) on the radio whose lyrics were referring to Voodoo, and the refrain went something like this:
"I've got a loa (5) that lights me
And protects me from people /
With four candles a few cents /
And a sip of brandy / (rum )"...
For the bourgeois elite, in Santo Domingo, Voodoo has always been a fringe religion, that of "wild" it frontally opposed to Catholicism the official religion Dominican. Although you are not born on the island, you often come to Haiti: What aspects of Voodoo interested you? How have you integrated into your novels? Have you ever attended a voodoo ritual? In your songs and your concerts do you borrow items to these rites?
J-MP: The Voodoo, in my third novel, "Still Free" is an important part of history. I consider Vodou as a religion in itself, fascinating part of its syncretism and its relation to trance. I think it is time to stop to consider it as marginal. Christianity, in its way, in terms of damage caused to native culture, knew and still know to be very "wild" too. I owe all religions the same attitude of secular skepticism, I respect the beliefs, without adhering to their faith, while being interested in their genesis, evolution, and basic texts, where available. This is obviously not the case in animist religions. I attended the rituals in Vodou Haiti and also to voodoo ceremonies in Africa, without being myself, I have always been exciting exchanges with insiders. In "Freedom always", I am focusing all its power Vodou for social cohesion, popular fabric. In Africa today, most stable countries are those who have found a balance between power and traditional power politics. In Haiti, where voodoo may be considered as the traditional power, all churches are represented in government, but not the Vodou. While 80% of the Haitian people bathing in its magical thinking, and in rural areas, he presides over Daily community.
9 - Switzerland, Switzerland, Suiza ... The land of clocks, the land of diamond jewelry, home of Alain Tanner (6), the country keeps the remains of Borges, the country according to Ziegler (7) hides the "belly of the beast" ... There are some years when I was walking through the streets of Bern at a street corner, I found myself amidst a strange place that is a great chessboard of human scale: fools, pawns and knights of nearly two meters high, carved in wood, raised on marble tile black and white. It was like entering in another world, I was surprised by this unexpected landscape ... "It is the country invented by Lewis Carroll!" did I exclaimed, bewildered. If Haiti is the land of your ancestors, that represents Switzerland for you?
J-MP: I was born in Geneva, which, despite all my travels, has always been my home port. I appreciate very much for its cosmopolitan aspects, its people of all nationalities and all colors, it's a very nice city, and Switzerland is a country where life is good. The beauty of its landscape sometimes seems unreal, and beyond the mountains, watches, chocolate, gold and cheese, is a country of paradoxes. In the past, Switzerland has been built by exporting know-how of its mercenaries, today, the neutrality of the Swiss Confederation him to be a major player in the international diplomatic stage. Certainly, as Jean Ziegler, it conceals the guts of the monster, "the banks, the headquarters of many multinational corporations and international organizations, it similarly arms trade and humanitarian, but she also appears in its own way, in which co-exist cultural differences of its linguistic regions, a model of popular democracy. Day by day, as an artist, I appreciate the privilege to live there.
10 - you have some critics as the most important representative of the romantic trend called "Conscience - Fiction", a curious assembly of adventure and spirituality. What is it?
J-MP: I believe that literature can be initiation. J'ancre my stories in settings very realistic, but my characters are always faced with situations that will require them to transcend their sensory abilities to try to apprehend truths that are beyond them. And then even change their states of consciousness. This has earned my books to be classified as "Consciousness-fiction." Critics have also described my work as "shamanic poetry," because I often refer to a worldview similar to those of some shamans who see the invisible as visible. In my novels, I try to weave poetic links between their millennial vision and quantum physics. Today's research laboratories are developing the most advanced switches mental electricity by capturing neurons. In twenty years, these technologies will be domestic. Arriving home, you think "light" and the light will light up your living room. Our thoughts therefore have a real interaction with the world, and this, physics is now similar to traditional animist beliefs. The universe is made of waves and particles, everything vibrates and everything is connected. Everything is in everything, and we're a little bit. Our thoughts create the world and the world resonates within us. In my book, while telling stories breathless, I talk a lot about spirituality, our relationship to reality and the sacred. I think fiction, through the emotions it provokes, can be a tool for opening of consciousness. As a singer, I have long practiced all kinds of exercises tract. When I am immersed in the writing of certain passages in my books, I breathe in a particular way and am almost in trance states. As I reread later, I discover that I unconsciously induced, through the rhythmic and syllabic punctuation, a respiratory rate close to the chant. Some readers tell me about their surprise at feeling from reading the same feelings that I have had in writing.
11 - Your latest novel, "Book Always", was one of the winners of the Five Continents de la Francophonie in 2004. This story begins in 1536, the island then known as "La Hispaniola", at the time of arrival on its shores a slave ship "Dona Flor" and the landing of his precious cargo in the port of Santo Domingo. The "Black Legend" on this subject continues to be debated today by historians of English and Latin American, about the possible participation and support of the Church in the process of expansion and development of Slavery in the Caribbean and Latin America. Is this a novel history?
J-MP: "Always Free" is a contemporary historical fiction, a novel binary tempo, built in alternating chapters. The two periods are inextricably intertwined. A game is played in 1536 in Hispaniola, Quisqueya or rather, at the end of the genocide of the Taino, the other happens tomorrow, Haiti. It is a thriller that combines poetry and shamanic violence, voodoo and Archaeology, suspense and spirituality. I told the following story:
"In 1536, the last great shaman Taino Indian, Ticino and groom an African slave, caught in the turmoil of the English conquest of the island Quisqueya (Haiti), invent a rite of peace to end the atrocities of war. The ritual takes place in the sacred cave of the Tainos who conceals their treasures immemorial. When it will be accomplished, he is brutally interrupted.
Five centuries later, in the near future, the rediscovery of the sacred cave, representing the most important archeological Taino site leads to a confrontation between political power and esoteric powers (voodoo). The violence of the clash between tradition and contemporary greed, covered by international media, will trigger a global catharsis "
Review" Reading "called" Freedom always "," breathless, hasty, initiation and accessible to devour in one go. " "Freedom always" just been reissued in October by Editions Book of Pocket.
Returning to the discussion of English historians and Latin America, the possible implications of Churches in the expansion of slavery, I can only wonder at its purpose. Holy wars and values of Christian proselytism were the spearheads of the conquest. And continue to be. During my research for the historical part of Open always, "I'm interested in this period, it seems obvious that the churches, despite the rhetorical controversies to which they are delivered over the centuries, bear some responsibility for the devastation, abuse, genocide perpetrated in their name. Today, evangelism is a tool of conquest. I think, for my part, that any ancient belief that disappears is a loss to humanity, and that diversity and tolerance should be put in terms of religion.
12 - You just published "Nola Blues," a collection of stories based on news events. What the themes? Is there a common denominator? Is it independent stories? What are you trying to convey?
J-MP: "Nola Blues" is a collection of short stories, published by Editions Memory Inkwell in Montreal, by my friend and editor of Haiti, Rodney Saint-Eloi. The stories have no links between them. I wrote "Nola Blues," which gave its title to the collection, three days after Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans. Their intensity is the only common denominator of other news. "The gift Samra" evokes the life of a refugee, his childhood sweetheart for a doctor reunions and terrible. "Liquefaction" tells a psychedelic adventure between sea and wind, which leads to awareness. "Bumblebee," the musical loves of a shaman and a diva. "Pinson heavenly" speaks of love of an old Chinese singers and tweaks for her daughter, amid bird flu. I really appreciate the art of the news. Short stories forced writing to the essentials, and it is always a challenge to reach them bring out the emotion.
13 - How old were you during your first trip to the island? Have you found some items that you told? What memories do you have this experience?
-J MP: I was fourteen when I arrived in Haiti the first time. I keep the good memories. On the one hand, the pleasure of meeting many members of my family that I did not know and discover unknown countries, where everything seems familiar yet with the first to understand this feeling where I get my roots . On the other, that arrive in a country whose people are afraid (we are now in full Duvalier dictatorship), where each word must be weighed against the speakers, and where an "elite" is proclaimed Natural immeasurable benefit from privileges while the majority of residents live below the poverty line. This trip was for me the trigger for a profound sense of injustice that will motivate my stances later as a man and as an artist.
14 - One of your uncles, was the first to rebel against the dictatorship of Duvalier in 1958. This suggests that some important personalities of the political news of the day have discussed around the family table, to your father, like Trujillo, Porfirio Rubirosa, Juan Bosch, Fidel Castro, etc ... What can you tell us about this?
J-MP: Born in 57, I never really knew my uncle Alix Pasquet, murdered by Papa Doc for his attempted uprising. His death will get my father to cut ties with Haiti, and only later, through literature, (including Graham Greene) that I will discover the details of its history. I have not had the chance to meet these great figures caribean.
15 - Towards which authors do you have a debt (your standard)?
J-MP: I was overwhelmed with early literature. At the age of ten, I wrote and declaimed my own poems, and many other La Fontaine, Lamartine, de Vigny and Prévert. Later came Rousseau, Rimbaud, Baudelaire and Vian. But my first real literary emotions, I owe to the fabulous talents of novelist Alexandre Dumas or Hugo, and "Governor of the Dew by Jacques Romanian, which is still one of my favorite books. Then came Garcia Marquez, Faulkner, Hesse, Kerouac, Hemingway, Coloane and many others. Each author met with each book read was fully involved in my vocation as a writer.
16 - What are the contemporary writers with whom you feel most close? Michel Houellebecq, David Irving, Harold Pinter, Paul Auster, or Dan Brown? (Or else I would have mentioned ...)
J-MP: In Europe, where I am known as a Swiss writer, my work is regarded as being at the edge of fantasy. In Canada, Africa or Latin America, where I am recognized as qu'Haïtien, my books are classified in Magical Realism. If I had to think about an affiliation, I would look more toward the Caribbean and African literature. I feel much closer to the sensitivity of Kourouma Naipaul, Sepulveda Chamoiseau or, as Houellebecq, Irving or Brown, although I appreciate their talent.
17 - Have you an idea of the theme around which your next novel?
J-MP: The title of my next novel is "The Reservation." This will be my worst novel to date. I address our ambiguous relationship to old age and death, and the fundamental right to choose a dignified death. I told the farewell party of a woman of a certain age, who decides to end his days. The challenge is for me to make them into a book full of love and hope.
18 - Choose a piece of music with which we could conclude cette conversation:
Erik Satie (Gymnopédies); Madredeus (O Pastor); Tom Waits (San Diego Serenade); Keith Jarret ( The Koln Concert); Massive Attack (Man next door ); Eddy Grant ( Electric Avenue); UB40 (Food for Thought); Goran Bregovic (Songs from wedding and funerals); U2 (Vértigo); Pat Metheny ( Letter from home); Youssou N'Dour (Immigrés) Morrisey/ The Smiths (Last night I dreamt…); Nina Hagen (Auf'm Bahnhof Zoo); Dire Straits (Brothers in Arms)…
J-MP: Je choisirai Tom Waits, pour son chant rauque et spontané, mais aussi tous les autres, car je crois qu'en musique comme ailleurs, la diversité est une clé essentiel in terms of quality of life. And I will recommend your readers to listen to my site
www.jmpasquet.com my own music. Perhaps they will discover pieces composed during the writing of my books.
With all my thanks.
Jean-Marc Pasquet
Rocío Rodríguez / Madrid, November 2006.
---
Notes:
1 - "Historia de las del siglo XX descolonizaciones. Henry Grimal. IEPALA Editorial, Madrid, 1989.
"The Decolonization of 1919 to our days." Henry Grimal. Armand Colin Editor. París, 1985.
2 - "The Emperor's new clothes" fairy C. Andersen.
http://www.pitt.edu/ ~ # dash/type1620.html andersen (Français version)
3 - Frantz Fanon:
(Martinique, July 20, 1925 to December 6, 1961) Frantz Fanon was arguably the greatest thinker of the twentieth century about decolonization and the psychopathology of colonization. His work has inspired many anti-colonial liberation movements for more than forty years.
Works by Fanon / Publications:
"Black Skin, White Masks. New York: Grove, 1967. Reissue of Black Skin, White Masks. Paris, 1952.
Studies in a Dying Colonialism, or A Dying Colonialism. New York, 1965. Reissue of The Year Five of the Algerian revolution. Paris, 1959.
"The Wretched of the Earth." New York, 1965. Reprint of The Wretched of the Earth. Paris, 1961
4 - "Merengue"
-The "Merengue" is a Dominican folk dance which was widely circulated and regarded by many as the Dominican national dance.
5 - "Loas"
-A soul, a god, a spirit of the voodoo religion.
6 - Alain Tanner - Director Switzerland
Born on December 6, 1929 Geneva, Alain Tanner founded in alongside Claude Goretta the cine-club university of Geneva in 1952. He claimed to highlight, through film, historical and social reality of his country. Tanner is the author of several films like "The Salamander" (1971), "The middle of the World" (1974), "Jonah, who turns 20 in 2000" (1976). He began his career by turning documentaries, an activity which he returned in 1995 with "Men of the port." Since his first feature film, Tanner seeks to clarify the relationships between people (his contemporaries) with the natural or social world which they proceed and which they participate in both. His first feature films exhibit a combative direction with a tendency toward utopia: "Charles Dead or Alive" (1969), "The Return of Africa" (1973), "The middle of the World" (1974), " In the White City "(1983, filmed in Lisbon)," No Man's Land "(1985).
7 - Jean Ziegler Jean Ziegler, Geneva, Switzerland (1934). Dr. Law and Economics from the University of Berne, most of the Swiss Confederation Parliament. He was a professor at the Universities of Geneva, Berne and the Sorbonne. In 1990 he founded the university in the Laboratory of Sociology Third World, who works for developing countries. He is a Professor of Sociology at the University of Geneva and a visiting professor at the Sorbonne Paris.Entre his books they (they) are remarkable:
"The empire of the shame"
"The new masters of the world and those their struggle "
" Hunger in the world explained to my son "
" Switzerland that washes whiter "
.
-----
YOUTUBE:
Hispaniola Blues / Music: Jean-Marc Pasquet - "Tuya"
http://es.youtube.com/watch ? v = efv-6eCVOxg
Hispaniola Blues / Music: Jean-Marc Pasquet - "Tuya"
http://es.youtube.com/watch ? v = efv-6eCVOxg
April 2008
0 comments:
Post a Comment