Saturday, January 6, 2007

Drawing Template Of Dora The Explorer

Interview with Avelino Stanley Dominican writer


Avelino Stanley

For Clodomiro Carpenter / Streaks

A velino Stanley was born in 1959 in La Romana, Dominican Republic. A part of his childhood was spent in the Ingenio Consuelo, San Pedro de Macoris, and then returned to his homeland. These two cities cane in the Dominican Republic stamped the path of his life among the outbuildings, the smell of sugar as he watched his father cooking it, the cry of the chimney and the great social struggles waged against the sugar mill owners. Stanley has completed a BA in Economics, an MA in Linguistics and a postgraduate degree in History Afroiberoamericana.


His work "Time Out" (1998), on the subject of sugar cane, won the National Prize for fiction in the year 1997. In 2001 the World Association of Special Education was awarded the International Prize for her novel Without Borders "Equis" (1986) in Madrid, Spain. In the story "Skin harassed" won the Viareggio City, organized by the editorial Il Molo, Italy, in 2005.

Avelino Stanley has also published the novels "Cathedral of the libido," 1994, "Why should I not mourn," 2003 and "At World's End I'll go", published in Italy in 2005 and published by Editorial Planeta in 2006. He is the author of books of short stories "The Shooting" (1988), "The Mask of Time" (1996) and "Three Kings" (2000). He is coauthor of the works of horror and spasms "(2003), an anthology of erotic stories, and" Signs of voices "(2005) Editorial Norma, Colombia, where storytellers gather the 80 Dominicans.

The Latin American writer Abel Posse set said: "Avelino Stanley has a mastery of language to full maturity, full maturity as a writer and important writer."

.
Interview:

Vetas .- I would be able to relive your childhood, and still before your child your roots. You cocolo (1), a cocolo "jabao" (2), ie light-skinned. That color, is on the side of the name Stanley, but by the Rondón? Are you the "central batey" sugar mill sugar mill or a remote? Which one sugar mill? STANLEY AVELINO

.- I am a child of humility on both sides. My mother is Machatalupe section of Higuey (Dominican Republic East). And my father, a cocolo who came to Dominican Republic to work in the sugar industry from Nevis, Saint Kitts. My dad was the son of a black woman and an American Nevis (so he said, green eyes and white bastard as many Yankees), and my mother, a very good girl Higueyano it. The result? Here I am, this "gift bags." I was born in La Romana and for months my parents settled in the Ingenio Consuelo (that should correspond to central batey for you). I do not deny my fate, and some of that luck was to have fallen into the hands of nuns in the town of Consuelo, excellent educators who came from Canada just the year I was born in 1959, and settled there, where they founded the School Divine Providence. Guided by my parents, and educated by them, there is fortunate: my discipline, my education, my lifelong sentiment in favor of the dispossessed, for social justice.

P - Tell me about your adolescence. As the generality of Dominican boys from rural and suburban, did you make your car jabillo wheel? Did you play ball? "Embollaste the top? Do you know what a spin and a spin Sedita cart?

R - In the Ingenio Consuelo lived until age 14. Of wheel carts Javillas I did not resist the fragility of the wheels. I played the ball, I did not like the discussions that were assembled by the trap. I made lots of spins and broke many buttons when "picked up" and threw them to the buttons to win, but equally, I drew that game at all. My child's passion, as I spent many hours of my childhood was making and flying kites (kites, kites). Always wanted to have more and more thread (my father brought me by rolls from the mill, then worked in the centrifuge, close to where you sewed the sacks of sugar) because I wanted my chichigua whatever it fly higher, farther. I loved to see her there, near the clouds, throwing "heads" or "serenita" means dominion. What passion so unforgettable!

That passion was replaced by cultural clubs, from twelve clubs and attracted me to them, first in the Ingenio Consuelo, and later in La Romana (from the age of fourteen) I began to understand the social injustices. Remember that in La Romana the labor movement was cowardly felled by the forces of "Balaguer" (cf. J. Balaguer). My response was a part, since that age group chanted poetry. The poems reciting poems, provided they were "poetry of protest." From there I got the passion for literature. You see, between the passion for chichigua and passion for literature there is no difference, because in both, all too often, have to be in the clouds.

P - saw a poster in your office that appears bewildered face of a lad brought by a university group to the president of the Federation Dominican Student, FED, the UASD (Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo). In those years of your early youth, what was your political affiliation? How was that experience?

R - As part of the reality that I lived a very young age I had to work. Without leaving my passion for literature, I ended up getting involved in the union movement which emerged in La Romana where the PRD (Dominican Revolutionary Party) came to power in 1978. In the absence of the method of the disappearance of the leaders there, the PRD did the same with the union movement. Kicked him. I was among those canceled. During the struggle for replacement Aristy Phidias lawyer advised me to go to study at the UASD. "There you will find a setting more suitable for your concerns." I listened to their advice. When I reached the UASD, November 1980, just turned in the same month 20 years, and had defined my membership in the Dominican Communist Party, PCD. Of course, I joined the student organization of the party, the Socialist Youth Force, FJS. It was this institution that I ran for president of the Fed in 1986. Sure, just gained a lot of experience. Good experience this and my membership, because the theoretical and moral basis that I emphasized with militancy. There I met many people of great heart, as some charlatans, the latter have the virtue of sneak everywhere.

P - How did your literary adventure? Studied economics, I have heard. Did you get to the literature by calling or looking for other horizons?

R - In 1977, at eighteen, I won a poetry prize in a contest organized by the Club Cultural José Ingenieros in La Romana. Then, in December 1978, won the first prize of trials in the Literary Contest Christmas. Hey essay title: "Focus on the socioeconomic status of the eastern region." That gave "full communism." From that moment I began my membership in the Literary Circle Firefly, then, to merge with Romanens Literary Circle was renamed Romanens Writers Collective. Just for that time I had to decide what to study. As my family insisted that "the writers are starving, I decided to study economics to live of this race and keep writing. In the end, when I finished the race, the first job I got, was in the literature, a proofreader at the Editor Corripio. I do not know if I was born to a carpenter, but then I fell the nails.

P - In November 2006 marks the 25th anniversary of the publication of your first book. Well, it's been a long history of hustle and hard work, I know. Was it worth having published a book 25 years ago?

R - A book at twenty-two, you know, is a book that should be viewed critically. I tried to do that from the outset. Yet, after some nine books published, I continued to make. And I'll keep doing. The best mirror for an author to overcome, is to watch your own work dispassionately, objectively. Then one compares the first and with a good read that makes the work of teachers, and that there is a great formula for improvement. I think what it was worth no is having a book published five years ago, but have managed to keep that passion, that passion is even a peak.

P - Participate as busily writing contest appeared on the horizon. And once you told me you did looking for the reward money. Then you're a writer who received an award as National Novel, by "Time Out", what was most important, merit the reward or the dollar sign?

R - Yes, I participated in competitions, but I think that instead of "eagerly" I would say with great enthusiasm and, frankly, do not remember telling you it was "looking for money." I could tell, and I will reaffirm that did it for recognition. Provincial competitions, regional and national I have more than ten prizes (first, second and third places and honorable mentions). However, being an adult and old and in the literature exhibits only three awards that I think are the true rewards of my work as an adult. These awards are the National Novel, a "Time Out" in 1997, the Prize Without Borders, the novel "Equis", awarded in 2002 by the World Association of Special Education based in Madrid, and the City Award Viareggio, the story "Skin harassed" in Italy. Of course, always was and remains my northern write and make known what I write, therefore I think the important thing for me is the dissemination of my work.
P-A prize story in Italy, by a major publishing house, a novel ("At the end of the world I go") published by the renowned Editorial Planeta, and other adventures that surely know, do you give when you can touch an author consider yourself satisfied?

R - In the life of an artist's satisfaction should not exist. There may be satisfied with a particular work. But satisfaction as a whole should not exist, because then come the conformism and then the descent of the work. Always, every operator should understand his next work is to overcome the above. That's what I believe and that's what I do, create more, but with more quality.

P - Your official role in a undersecretary as demanding as the People's Creativity and Participation, what it was like an intellectual experience? Are you satisfied?

R - The experience has been invaluable. Because in that position I could better understand the reality of cultural activities in the Dominican Republic and other countries. A widespread problem throughout Latin America, and is also part of us, is that there is an urgent need to train people who want to academically engage cultural management. Cultural management, as in any other branch of social, can not act based on empiricism. Therefore, there could be as knowing that I actually cuts the general cultural activities in the country, the public, private and any management. Transformations work in many situations that require urgent, including training. We hope to leave a contribution.

P - After two years of management in the Ministry of Culture, what to do José Rafael Lantigua has not done? What should correct the secretary of culture?

R - Clode, remember that two years, but from scratch. The friends of the previous administration, which started from scratch because the Ministry of Culture started, they were in the process. Then, from scratch, José Rafael Lantigua Secretary has had to start by rearranging the house, renovate buildings, to tackle the mess in the administrative and secretariat structures. That takes time and energy. However, two years, you see that not only are embodiments of actions, but those achievements are with actions and transformations. I put just four examples among many others. In Cultural Heritage has shifted the entire system was there to guide the conservation of what is our heritage tangible and intangible cultural. Fine Arts and has completed a review of the teaching curriculum of art, since the programs were from the era of Trujillo (1930-1961) and the 2006 and classes began with new programs. In terms of carnival, is moving chaos organization pace that emphasizes creativity and awareness of this important identity in folkloric expression. And, the Book Fair, the biggest and best mirror of the current administration, was transformed and overcome in the 2005 version. He now is among the top two book fairs in Latin America. As you can see, not only working on achievements, but with the awareness that these achievements transformations that we seek to enter in the achievement of cultural development. There will always be criticism, but I think the Secretary Lantigua has the vision to drive the highway culture that demands the time.

P - You told me you have a luxury mansion in a first class spa in a tourist area in first class. The question is not bad milk, you can believe it, but I do not know how you got so much money for an investment like that.

R - My answer must be a stimulus for writing. My wife, Vicky, when we started in 1998, when he saw that I gave the books I asked, "Oh, and how you I am going to keep? "And I:" It is that books are not sold in this country. "" Well, do something, she told me, I take the sale of books, fame and the money is yours is mine " . In this way put together a machine to buy friends and readers in study centers across the country. That tells you that my books have frequent reissues, including fifteen reprints of "Time Out". Selling books we build the house, which is also where we live. Oh, and something you did not say ...

P - What is not said?

R - That house is also earthquake-proof.

P - Ah! yes?

R - Yes, because we were selling books and building. And the strongest moment, which demanded more resources, it was in the past two years the government of Hipólito Mejía, which lasted from 2002 to 2004, an earthquake where it did not fall was because of strong. And in the midst of that earthquake woke up the house.

P - You always with your pods, Avelino. Tell me, Your discipline has allowed you to keep writing at the same public employee your life?

R - Sure. Because the advantage of passion for a profession is that it becomes part of a lifestyle. I have corrected quite a storybook that I have unpublished, I have written a novel and I sketched one with enough detail. I have written several articles. But above all, what I've written, as I imagine you are reporting.

P - What can we expect out of an inkwell now 25 years? A writer with 25 years experience with a novel as universal as "the end of the world I go", do you go for a new course?

R - In the unpublished book of stories rather working with the various forms of faith that is in the Dominican Republic and the Caribbean. The novel was written, which I still prefer not to give clues, is a subject I had not tried. And the issues I have in the pipeline, yes, they are Dominicans, are Caribbean, but all are new. Only I warn you that need a lot of ink, as are several outstanding issues .-



----- 1 - "Cocolos" immigrants from the Anglophone Caribbean islands. They settled in the east of the Dominican Republic since the beginning of the twentieth century around the sugar cane plantations working as laborers in the industry. Their integration and acceptance in the Dominican culture was immediate and permanent harmony.
2 - "Jabao" light-skinned mulatto.


-----

Go to Home of Digital Veins: http://vetasdigital.blogspot.com

.

encourage our readers to react to this article and comment on their assessment of it. Thank you very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment